Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oh what a night...

I finished Ali's dress! Yay! And just in time for their wedding. It turned out beautifully. Not only did I design Ali's dress for her honeymoon, but I made my dress for the wedding as well. 

Needless to say, I was a busy bee. Whenever I'd have an issue with one dress I'd go to the other so I could work my brain in to thinking of a solution. It was all worth it though. 
After finishing my dress at 2 am the morning of the wedding I thought it best to get some rest. Once I was finished getting ready it was time to find a cab...somewhere. I walked past a myriad of people walking this mile to find a cab and along the way people would comment on how beautiful my dress was. I was trying to be modest, but I was so excited because they were the first people to see this dress come to life! It was supposed to be a simple dress to make, but I was working with taffeta which likes to be a bit difficult. I finally make it to the wedding after melting just a little from the heat and am amazed that I am still in one piece and the dress still looks great. 
It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been to. And then I realized I'd forgotten to get a card for the present. WHAT!? No card!? But then it hit me...Ali's come over for fittings for her dress...if they don't know who that one-of-a-kind-dress is from, then they are just crazy. I heard from them the very next day telling me that Ali tried it on and showed her mother and they were kvelling over it. I can't wait to have pictures up of Ali in the dress, but here are some pictures of the dress on my dress form.




No comments:

Post a Comment